Bhutan is a great destination for trekking enthusiasts, with majestic mountains, stunning landscapes, and rich cultural experiences. Trekking in Bhutan can be an incredible adventure, and here are some things that you should know:
1. Best time to trek: The ideal time to trek in Bhutan is from March to May and from September to November, when the weather is dry and clear.
2. Trekking routes: Trekking routes in Bhutan are numerous and offer different levels of difficulty based on your fitness level and interest. Some popular trekking routes include the Snowman Trek, the Druk Path Trek, and the Jomolhari Trek.
3. Trekking permits: Trekking in Bhutan requires a permit, which can be obtained through a licensed travel agent in Bhutan. It is also mandatory to have a licensed guide and a trekking crew to ensure your safety and comfort.
4. Accommodation: During trekking, you will be camping in tents and staying in basic lodges. The accommodation is comfortable and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscapes.
5. Extra activities: Trekking in Bhutan offers an opportunity to explore the local culture and traditions. Many trekking routes include visits to local monasteries, temples, and villages where you can interact with locals and experience their way of life.
6. Physical fitness: Trekking in Bhutan requires good physical fitness as most trekking routes involve long hours of walking with steep climbs and descent.
Overall, trekking in Bhutan offers an unforgettable experience that combines adventure, natural beauty, and cultural discovery.